The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania more commonly referred to as just the Wharton School of Business is a private, Ivy League business school that operates through the University of Pennsylvania. Wharton School of Business is the oldest business school in the United States.
The Wharton School of Business offers many different degree options from their Bachelor in Science in Economics for undergraduates to their Masters of Business Administration or MBA program degrees for postgraduates. The Wharton School of Business also offers many doctoral programs through the University of Pennsylvania. The Wharton School of Business has over 20 different research centers in various disciplines.
Wharton School of Business MBA Programs
The MBA programs available at Wharton School of Business are diverse and tailored to fit an individual’s specific needs. The goal of the MBA program is to bring the brightest minds from around the world together to enhance business goals. The MBA programs offer over 200 different electives to choose from in over 15 interdisciplinary degree programs. The programs also allow applicants to become a part of coaching programs where they will be paired with executive coaches to be critiqued and advised on how to improve in the business world. International opportunities are also available through many different international study opportunities.
Duration: The duration of a Wharton School of Business MBA program is two years of intense full time study.
- The MBA programs at Wharton are highly selective. Applicants are required to submit personal essays detailing how they hope to achieve with the MBA program and why they think that they can contribute and are the perfect fit for the programs. These essays are a way for the Admissions Committee to really get a feel of who the applicant is.
- All previous academic transcripts are required.
- Applicants are required to supply at least two letters of recommendation with two being from academic sources.
- Applicants must submit test results for Graduate Management Admissions Tests or results from their Graduate Record Examinations. These test results may not be any older than five years.
- Applicants must be proficient in the English language. TOEFL results are required for international applicants unless they completed their undergraduate degrees at universities where English was used to conduct courses.
- Applicants are required to perform interviews. Interviews are invitation only and invitations will be extended after extensive review of the applicant’s complete application have been received. International applicants may be required to perform their interviews over the phone. These interviews are also used to assess the individual’s language skills. International applicants who have studied in English speaking regions are encouraged to interview as a way to access English language proficiency.
- Applicants are required to submit up to date and complete resumes for consideration.
How to Apply
The applicant is required to fill out an online application for the school. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all the appropriate documentation is received by the school.
The applicant must meet all the above eligibility requirements to be considered for enrollment.
The MBA programs are largely self-funded by the applicant however, financial aid is available. Upon successful enrollment each MBA candidate will be considered for a fellowship. These fellowships cover the cost of tuition fees. Loans are also available to both domestic and international students.
|Round 1||1st of October|
|Round 2||5th of January|
|Round 3||26th of March|