London Business School is a public business school located in London, England, United Kingdom. The London Business School is an extension of the University of London but is considered a separate academic institute. The school offers a large variety of degree programs from their MBA program to additional master degree and PhD programs. The London Business School has consistently been ranked one of the best business schools in the world. The London Business School provides over four research facilities and receives high recommendation in the fields of research.
The school offers a flexible Master of Business Administration or MBA degree. The MBA is a 15-21 month degree program. Every student is required to study an identical set of core classes and then are allowed to choose between over 70 different electives to complete their degree requirements. The university enrolls over 400 students annually to participate in their MBA programmes. The 400 applicants are separated and grouped into five streams composed of roughly 80 students that will each undergo studies together.
Duration: The MBA programmes are flexible and applicants will finish their programs either after 15, 18, or 21 months of study depending on the coursework they have undertaken. The first year of the MBA programme is spent doing intensive core classes. The first year focuses on three things:
- Tools and Techniques
- Engaging in the World
- Managing Organizations
The second year is tailored more to the individual candidates. This is the year where they choose their own electives to participate in.
The London Business School also offers an Executive MBA which is an accelerated programme that is completed in 20 months. The Executive MBA can be undertaken at the London campus as well as the Dubai campus.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in a business related field
- MBA applicants must have at least two years of work experience. If an applicant has fewer than three years of work experience they will be required to provide evidence of superior academic performance and credentials.
- Applicants must be able to contribute positively to the learning environment that the school provides as well as help to aid their fellow student’s development.
- Applicants must complete essays illustrating why they believe that they are the perfect fit for the MBA programmes.
- Applicants are required to provide an up to date and complete CV or resume
- The applicant must provide at least two recommendations. The referees need to be of academic merit.
- The applicant must provide all previous academic transcripts.
- The applicant must submit their scores for their GMAT
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete an application for enrollment online. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all the appropriate documentation is received by the school. There is an application fee of £175 that is nonrefundable.
Applicants must meet all the above requirements to be considered for the programme.
Financial help is available for candidates of the MBA programmes. The predicted tuition fees for the MBA programmes are £64,200. There are many scholarships available through the London Business School to cover the cost of tuition as well as to offer stipends of up to £20,000. Additional loans are available for applicant in order to finance the additional programme costs.
Stage 1 – 4th of October
Stage 2- 3rd of January
Stage 3-28th of February
Stage 4-16th of April