The University Of Chicago Booth School Of Business is a private graduate business school situated in Chicago, Illinois. Previously recognized as the University Of Chicago Graduate School Of Business, University of Chicago Booth is one of the oldest business school in the United States. In 2008 the school was renamed after David G. Booth who provided the school with a generous monetary donation.
The university operates mainly from its main campus in Chicago but also maintains campuses in Hong Kong and London.
University of Chicago Booth MBA Programs
The university offers three different MBA program types. They offer a full time MBA program, an Executive MBA program, as well as a part-time MBA program. With a choice between three different courses that applicant is allowed the freedom to decide how to structure their own courses and schedules. The only course that is required for any of the MBA programs is the Leadership Effectiveness and Development of LEAD course. This course is taken in the first academic quarter for full time applicants and in the first four academic quarters for part time applicants. The course was developed to supply applicants with fundamental leadership skills as well as teach them how to build influential business relationships.
- Full Time MBA Program- the maximum duration of the full time program is 21 months. Applicants will be taking up to four courses every academic quarter. The total number of courses that the applicant will undertake is 21 courses. Full time MBA applicants will commence studies at the Chicago campus.
- Executive MBA Program- the maximum duration of the Executive MBA program is 21 months. The Executive program consists of the 17 core classes with up to five electives. The total number of courses the applicant will undertake is 20-22 courses depending on the number of electives that applicant wishes to participate in. The tracks that are available for the Executive MBA program are the Leadership and Management, Strategy, Marketing, Corporate Finance, Capital Markets, and Entrepreneurship. Execute MBA applicants will commence studies at either the London, Hong Kong, or Chicago campuses.
- Part Time MBA Program- this part time program is unique because most business schools that offer MBA programs do not offer a flexible option that you will find with the Part Time MBA program at this university. This part time MBA program meets at least once a week for three hours as well as occasionally on weekends. Each academic quarter lasts for eleven weeks. The maximum duration for this part time program is anywhere from 2-3 years with an average of two academic courses being completed each quarter. Applicants will be required to undertake at least 20 classes in addition to their LEAD course. Applicants are expected to have an average work experience of five years. This MBA program will commence at the Chicago campus.
- The applicant must have a strong academic background. All previous transcripts will be required
- The applicant must show evidence of proficiency in the English language
- International applicants must be in compliance with the terms of their visas.
- The applicant must supply at least two letters of recommendation
- Successful applicants will be invited to interview. Interviews will be conducted face to face at one of the three campuses. International students not in the general area of a campus will conduct video interviews over the computer.
The deadline for these MBA programs is:
Round 1- October 3rd
Round 2- January 8th
Round 3- April 3rd