Masters in Business Administration or MBA exam serves as your entry ticket for pursuing the business course. It is a fact that each of the MBA programs may vary with regard to the right permission on the entry. While some of these programs require an entrance examination once in a year, others have flexible date when to start. The variation of the MBA program timelines since MBA programs are based on the varied types of students that they appeal to. This can be reflected by the diverse programs for part-time, full-time, distance, and executive students. There could also be various entry rules for each type of program. So, to satisfy your entry into the business school for your MBA program, make sure that you have complied with the list of items essential for your application package. Among these MBA exam prerequisites are as follows:
- MBA admission test application form. Just as any other courses, you need to fill-out the application form before submitting it to the school’s representative. One good thing here is the practice of most schools charging non-refundable payment for every application form submitted. With the advancement of technology these days, application forms can be submitted online.
- Official transcript of records. You need to submit transcripts from the college where you wish to study. Your transcripts will help verify whether you have completed your bachelor’s degree as well as the degree of its completion.
- Work resume. Typically, MBA programs can be completed in two years full-time. The verification of requirements for work experience can be done through upon submission of your work-associated resume.
- Test scores from admissions test for MBA exam. An admission test is a prerequisite for MBA program admission. The most common of the tests is Graduate Management Admissions Test or GMAT. In any occasion, you will be permitted to use your previous Graduate Records Examination (GRE) test results. These admissions scores usually are valid for five years.
- Letters for recommendation. Giving out two to three recommendation letters will be a requirement as business schools usually wish to know you work with the other people in the academic and business environment. Most often, these letters may come from employers, professors, and associates.
- Admission application essays. One or more application essays are being required by many business schools to better know you and the reason why you wish to continue your MBA at these educational institutions. These essays will open you to an opportunity of portraying yourself and set out your goals in life.
Meanwhile, there are schools that require their applicants to undergo an interview. This will serve as a great way to show up yourself why you deserve to be in enrolled in the MBA program that you applied for.
Take into consideration too that MBA exam requirements vary from school to school such as at Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV), at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), and at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT).